Re: Apropos emacs-intl-fonts & https://wiki.debian.org/DebianHebrew

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Apropos emacs-intl-fonts & https://wiki.debian.org/DebianHebrew
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2013 22:26:40 +0200

> From: Uwe Brauer <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2013 21:03:00 +0100
>
> May be I should try to clarify what I meant.

I understand what you want.  In my response, I've shown how to display
what you want as you want it, using one of the methods described in
the ELisp manual.  There are other methods, described in the same
place, and I hope at least one of them will allow exporting stuff to
odt (whatever that means) and displaying it as you want in OpenOffice
(assuming the latter itself doesn't have bugs with bidirectional
display).

> Writing the same in tables and exporting
>

> | שלום  | דוד   |
> | david | hello |

> Does not work, since the in the first hebrew line, the letters are
> correctly displayed r2l, but the words are displayed l2r.

I repeat here my response:

| שלום       | דוד  ‏ |
| Hello      | ‏David |

As you see, words are displayed right-to-left in the second line as
well.