RE: Finding packages to enable by default

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Finding packages to enable by default
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 18:07:14 -0800 (PST)

> Indeed, we could definitely make it so the cursor stays put while we
> highlight the other end.

As I said, if you enable also `show-paren-mode', then the cursor stays
put (AFAICT).  You get the advantages of both: message when needed and
highlighting.

Just make that combination the default.  Anyone wanting just the
blinking can turn off `show-paren-mode'.  Anyone not wanting the
off-window msg can turn off `blink-matching-paren'.