Re: Apologia for bzr

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Apologia for bzr
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 16:12:13 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> I think getting new blood into emacs devel is critical or we might find
>> ourselves in the same situation as bzr a few years later.
>
> I agree about the need, but have my doubts about the results.  We've
> heard similar arguments for switching from CVS, too.  I hope I will be
> proven wrong.

Switching from CVS to a dVCS was a good move (I think you agreed with
this on previous posts on this ml.) But, if you wished to attract users,
choosing a tool that requires from almost everybody to learn it for the
sole purpose of contributing to Emacs was most unfortunate. Emacs would
be better off with CVS on this regard.