Re: PROPOSAL: Move to git, now that bzr is no longer a req.

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: PROPOSAL: Move to git, now that bzr is no longer a req.
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2014 21:03:17 +0100

On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 2:07 PM, Achim Gratz <address@hidden> wrote:

> With properly written
> commit messages

And how will we get that? Something as obvious as making the first
line a summary so it shows correctly in --line logs has been suggested
(repeatedly) in the past, and yet it's often ignored, even by some
highly experienced developers.

Generating ChangeLogs from commit messages will be easier and faster
that what we do now, but I'm willing to bet a few euros it will give
us *much* worse ChangeLogs.