Re: HTML-Info design

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: HTML-Info design
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 23:20:13 +0200

On 12/23/2014 09:32 PM, Nic Ferrier wrote:

But this is largely unrelated to the "inside Emacs manual browsing",
because there's no way Emacs will be able to render this kind of
HTML+Javascript efficiently any time soon, I think.

As long as the JavaScript code is using some standardized metadata
present in the document, we could reimplement it in Elisp without too
much trouble, I think.

I don't know why we would do that.

To be able to reuse the same document output when we only have an HTML rendered, without JS interpreter. Like inside Emacs.

If we want to.

We don't have a single application
for viewing print documentation and online documentation.

Yet.

We can have different code, surely?

I don't understand your objection. Yet, we can have different code.

Especially if the data all different versions of code work with, is the same.