Re: HTML-Info design

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: HTML-Info design
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 00:08:43 +0000

>   > (presuming 3 is
>   > ok as just a "normal" web application).
>
> We don't want to put it into service as a "web application", but it is
> ok to develop it that way at first.  We can then adapt the code to
> be loaded as a browser extension.

I disagree with you there. I don't think a browser extension is very
sensible (for various reasons which I'm happy to go into later). I think
a web application that does not require a network connection is a much
better idea. This is possible.

But, of course, you are right that we don't have to have this discussion
now. We can revisit it later once there is something that works.

>   > What else would I need to do?
>
> I think it would be good to set up a project and give others a way to
> join in.

I can promise to do that. I'll set something up on savannah and keep the
Emacs client, the HTML based one and the texinfo->HTML generator there.

Nic