Re: Dired: Improve symmetry in mark/unmark commands bound to keys

From: Andreas Schwab
Subject: Re: Dired: Improve symmetry in mark/unmark commands bound to keys
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2016 22:07:35 +0200

On Sep 24 2016, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

>> From: Andreas Schwab <address@hidden>
>> Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden
>> Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2016 21:46:01 +0200

>> > I disagree and object to such a change.
>>
>> But is the only way that makes sense.  You objection has no grounds.
>
> I stated my grounds.  They might not make sense to you, but they do to
> me.

No, they make absolutely no sense.  The prefix was obviously never
intented to be used with this command.  The only intented use of the
second argument was the its caller, dired-flag-extension.  That is easy
to prove, because before commit 736b582 it wasn't even documented in the
doc string.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, address@hidden