Re: Condition to link to javascript code?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Condition to link to javascript code?
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2016 13:15:14 -0500

  > If everybody uses the resulting HTML on its own computer, then the
  > problem is solved: the HTML refers to a local klipse.js libarary that
  > the user can freely use.

That's the case I had in mind.  But maybe I was mistaken.

  > But I expect most people want to put the resulting HTML somewhere on
  > a web server.  In this case, they might find useful to use klipse.js
  > by linking to the location of that library.

Is this feature mainly intended for exporting HTML to put on
a server for others to visit?  That does make sense, finally.

If it's a choice between linking to klipse.js on the same server
and linking to klipse.js on the Google server, I see no particular
ethical reason to prefer one or the other.

The ethical issue that does arise here is that it would be good to
give the user the power to optionally select a (perhaps modified)
version of klisp.js to use.  Is that possible?

--
Dr Richard Stallman