Re: Condition to link to javascript code?

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: Condition to link to javascript code?
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2016 11:04:40 +0100

Am 24.12.2016 um 19:55 schrieb Richard Stallman:
There is no reason for the initial HTML to refer to klipse.js at all.
Since that is a Javascript program, there is no point fetching it at
all unless Javascript is enabled.

The script name and the server address have to be recorded somewhere in the file unless I misunderstood what you are trying to do.

If the URL for loading it is filled in by execution of other previous
JS code, there is no chance of prefetching klipse.js from anywhere.

Browsers are quite good at prefetching stuff and some might do it speculatively, so I suspect that the ultimate URL for the script has to be obfuscated a bit so it's only put together when actually used.

So, is there any flaw in this plan?

I think it should work if the prefetch can be safely prevented. It's just quite a bit more involved and it would mean distributing multiple files to the user (unless klipse.js can be embedded, optionally of course).

--
Achim.

(on the road :-)