Re: In support of Jonas Bernoulli's Magit

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: In support of Jonas Bernoulli's Magit
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2017 12:38:06 -0400

> I'm afraid that you guys are missing the point.  This has no relation
> with the maintainer of Magit, but with the fact that Magit cannot be
> distributed with Emacs.

I'm afraid you're missing the point: distributing Magit with Emacs is
not terribly important, compared to fostering good relationships.

BTW, if we want to distribute something like Magit with Emacs, there's
no need to write a replacement: we can simply include Magit itself,
since the license allows us to do so.
The only hurdle is the one *we* (Emacs maintainers) put.

        Stefan