[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: trouble using diary

From: Ray Fix
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: trouble using diary
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 09:02:56 -0400

On Jun 14, 2004, at 11:44 PM, Sacha Chua wrote:
Ray Fix <address@hidden> writes:

Now it is time to show my ignorance ... Is this rewriting method
that you refer to where you do C-c C-e. That didn't seem to work for
previous days though it does work for today.

Yes, it rewrites only the present and the future. You can force it to
update past pages, though, with C-u C-c C-e.

For whatever reason, C-u C-c C-e trick doesn't work for me. I see that that there is an optional FORCE argument... Maybe some other condition isn't being met.

The documentation also says:
Inserts only diaries if the corresponding `planner-diary-use-*' variable is t.
and I am not quite sure what this means.

However, I found that if I run:

   planner-diary-insert-diary

it updates, so I just bound that to a key and am running with it.

My impression is that most people are using the rewrite method as opposed to the <lisp></lisp> method so I will stick with rewrite for now.

Ray