[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Better planner/diary integration

From: Jody Klymak
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Better planner/diary integration
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 08:27:30 -0800

address@hidden (Henrik S. Hansen) writes:

> Has anyone already implemented this?  If not, I'm going to implement
> it this week.  Hopefully, I'm not the only one that'd find it
> useful. :)

I'm assuming that you are using planner-diary.el?

Did you try my diary-annotation functions?
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/PlannerModeContrib

You do not get to add the appointment to the plan page ("as is
natural") however you do get a planner-like way to make a diary entry
in the mini-buffer with the added bonus of planner-style links.  I
find this much more convenient than any scheme I could think of for
trying to edit the plan pages.

I have the following easy-to-remember keybindings:

C-x C-n remember
C-x C-t planner-create-task-from-buffer
C-x C-d planner-diary-add-entry

Cheers,  Jody