[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Better planner/diary integration

From: Stefan Reichör
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Better planner/diary integration
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 07:42:24 +0100

address@hidden (Henrik S. Hansen) writes:

> That looks interesting, but not exactly what I want.  I want a task like
>
> #A Some task at 13:05 (ProjectPage)
>
> Where the appt is there, so I don't have to have a specific * Diary
> section.  Actually, the only thing I want the diary/appt for is to pop
> up reminders when the appt is due.  I want the integration to be
> seamless.  As it is now, even with you annotation functions, you still
> have to focus on what is in the diary and what is a real planner-mode
> task.
>
> Makes sense?

That sounds like a good idea. You could parse the day page for time
specifications and use appt-add to get a reminder:

appt-add is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `appt'.
(appt-add new-appt-time new-appt-msg)

Add an appointment for the day at new-appt-time and issue message new-appt-msg.
The time should be in either 24 hour format or am/pm format.

Stefan.