fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Execution branch no more (and: creating tests)

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Execution branch no more (and: creating tests)
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 10:37:41 -0400

> Indeed you do. I completely missed that. But it didn't actually help
> with the concrete fabfile I had, so that's why I did those changes.

Yup, and I've already undone my change and merged your recent changes
to my master, so that's all set now. Individual commands may still
specify bad fab_mode values, but they'll fail independently of any
others.

> The pull request just said "see the commit list" and pointed be to
> 44a23a6, so I just thought you wanted every commit up until that point
> merged. I did find it a little strange that I was pointed to 44a23a6
> since that was also your HEAD at the time, but shrugged it off as just
> being how things worked in github.

Yea, I mistakenly thought that github was letting me send an explicit
'cherry pick this plz' note -- perhaps I should make sure that's on
their feature wishlist :)

> But on the bright side we can get some testing directed in the general
> direction fo those changes :)

Exactly :D plus it sounds like others like Niklas are having some of
the same ideas I did, and having this material more visible will help
reduce duplication of effort.

-Jeff