fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Execution branch no more (and: creating tests)

From: Christian Vest Hansen
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Execution branch no more (and: creating tests)
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 16:32:01 +0200

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 4:16 PM, Jeff Forcier <address@hidden> wrote:
> The first of many emails this morning...hoo boy...
>
> On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 8:02 AM, Christian Vest Hansen
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> I got your pull request and have merged. I also made a couple of
>> changes to polish it a bit and ease the transition from `rolling` and
>> `fanout` fab_modes to `broad`, `deep`, `serial` and `parallel`.
>> Otherwise, I discovered that fabfiles that explicitly set an
>> unsupported fab_mode will experience some odd behaviour when run.
>
> If you check line 131 you'll see I already had something like this in
> place;

Indeed you do. I completely missed that. But it didn't actually help
with the concrete fabfile I had, so that's why I did those changes.

> however it only fired once it got to a command that actually
> needed to connect (as specified by @connects) whereas yours will fire
> for any command that doesn't have a valid mode specified. I think your
> spot is probably better; I'll undo mine so there's less repetition.
>
> (Also, I had actually just wanted you to cherry-pick that one last
> typo-fixing commit on my branch -- not a full merge -- but in
> retrospect it was probably time to merge anyways :) and it's my fault
> for not noting as much in my pull message.)

The pull request just said "see the commit list" and pointed be to
44a23a6, so I just thought you wanted every commit up until that point
merged. I did find it a little strange that I was pointed to 44a23a6
since that was also your HEAD at the time, but shrugged it off as just
being how things worked in github.

But on the bright side we can get some testing directed in the general
direction fo those changes :)

--
Venlig hilsen / Kind regards,
Christian Vest Hansen.