fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Execution branch no more (and: creating tests)

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Execution branch no more (and: creating tests)
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 10:16:36 -0400

The first of many emails this morning...hoo boy...

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 8:02 AM, Christian Vest Hansen
<address@hidden> wrote:

> I got your pull request and have merged. I also made a couple of
> changes to polish it a bit and ease the transition from `rolling` and
> `fanout` fab_modes to `broad`, `deep`, `serial` and `parallel`.
> Otherwise, I discovered that fabfiles that explicitly set an
> unsupported fab_mode will experience some odd behaviour when run.

If you check line 131 you'll see I already had something like this in
place; however it only fired once it got to a command that actually
needed to connect (as specified by @connects) whereas yours will fire
for any command that doesn't have a valid mode specified. I think your
spot is probably better; I'll undo mine so there's less repetition.

(Also, I had actually just wanted you to cherry-pick that one last
typo-fixing commit on my branch -- not a full merge -- but in
retrospect it was probably time to merge anyways :) and it's my fault
for not noting as much in my pull message.)

-Jeff