fgs-bs

[Fgs-bs] Status and stuff

From: Desired Username
Subject: [Fgs-bs] Status and stuff
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 09:45:33 -0700 (PDT)

1) Finished the configuration "management".  Env
var->command line->hardcode.  Checked in.

2) Started looking at a Python library and GUI.
Managed to make a goban-like (has a grid, places
stones, "ghost" stone follows mouse) GUI in Python and
also the basis for a Python client library (the
library is non-gui but it can obviously be used by a
GUI).  Not checked in, partly because I'm not sure
where to put it.  I was going to try to hook the goban
to the library and then play a game through the
server, but it turns out that the server codes aren't
fine-grained enough.  For instance, when you give the
command "set client true" you get back an INFO message
(type 9).  If someone sends you a match challenge you
get notified by an INFO message again.  WTF?  Those
should be separate message types.  (Of course Python
has good enough text manipulation to figure this out,
by why write that code in the client when it belongs
in the serer?) I remember you talking about working on
the match/rematch code, so rather than overstep
anything you were aleady thinking about I moved on to
#3.

3) A chat client.  It doesn't play go, but in just a
few minutes I should be able to chat...

Also, a thought.  If users can be banned from a room,
do we even need a "ban from server" option?  Did I
already ask this question?