fgs-bs

Re: [Fgs-bs] Status and stuff

From: tps12
Subject: Re: [Fgs-bs] Status and stuff
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 16:03:21 -0400

Desired Username wrote:
What about, say, a buffer overrun exploit in the
server?  I guess we'd have to take the whole thing
down and fix it anyway, banning a particular user
isn't going to do anything.  Eh?

You fascists always eventually go for the security angle. But yes, I'd agree with you that such a situation would require taking the server down.

Also, this makes me think of versioning...once the protocol is closer to what we have in mind, and I guess once we have a functioning client, we should have a way for the server to notify the client of a new protocol version, including a short description. I'll just call this a FEETURE for future reference.

I dunno, this whole "not banning people" thing is
really alien.  We need some people with experience,
like from $A_CERTAIN_WEBSITE. (Name variablized to
protect the guilty.)

Ebay? I'm actually not sure I follow you.