Re: [fluid-dev] invalid instrument/drum selection problem

From: Edenyard
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] invalid instrument/drum selection problem
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 10:27:11 +0000

Josh wrote:

I can see an issue though if someone decides to use channel #10 for
something other than drums (non GM/GS mode).  In that case that part of
your patch would cause a bit of headache for the user.

I'm not sure if I'm understanding this thread correctly since my knowledge of MIDI is, at best, sketchy and my knowledge of coding even more so! But....

I'd just like to point out that I'm one of a group of at least 2 people (!) who use all MIDI 16 channels of Fluidsynth for making notes. If there's some idea afoot to make one of the channels make drum noises only, that would be a DISASTER for us!!

Sorry if this is an irrelevant interruption, but I just thought I ought to mention it.

Yours humbly,
Gerald.