Re: [fluid-dev] invalid instrument/drum selection problem

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] invalid instrument/drum selection problem
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 11:53:15 -0800

On Wed, 2008-01-09 at 10:50 -0800, jimmy wrote:
> OK, right now I don't often play a midi file by
> fluidsynth directly.  I do use Kmid, PyKaraoke, or
> even some Timidity GUI as Jack client to FluidSynth.
> Have a separate FluidSynth instance for praticing my
> keyboarding.  Recently found Stygmorgan as a software
> arranger (for accompaniment).  I don't know how well
> each of those apps filter out, or reset in between
> segments for the time being.  If they are troublesome,
> I may haev to track them down.

Yeah there could be some differences in the MIDI events that get sent to
the FluidSynth core when used by an external MIDI player, versus its own
sequencer.

> Good, I trust you to make the call on what to do
> there.  Though, it is a #define so any existing apps
> that uses it may have to be recompiled.

That #define is actually in a private header though, so it shouldn't be
a problem.

> I see you will get pretty busy now at the start of the
> year with all these postings :-)  Saw your other
> posted messages, too.  I think I'll let you work with
> other issues on the list.

I'm always rather busy though ;)  Lots of things to do on many different
software projects.

> Thanks for all the good work.  Take care,
>
> Jimmy

Thanks for your interest in improving FluidSynth.  Regards,
        Josh