Re: [fluid-dev] Proposal: FluidSynth tester program

From: Aere Greenway
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Proposal: FluidSynth tester program
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2012 23:02:19 -0600

David:

In this particular case, I first ran the test using your Ubuntu 11.10 PPA (which I repackaged for 12.04), though I thought I was testing the new fluidsynth.  I happened to notice during that testing that the RT-percentage stayed around 20% while testing.

When I later did the "sudo ldconfig", I ran the same test (on the new fluidsynth), and noticed the higher RT-percentage.

So the only thing changed (visible to me) is the fluidsynth library under test.  That being said, the components checking for updates could have been running (though I updated before getting and building fluidsynth).

- Aere

On Wed, 2012-08-01 at 22:58 +0200, David Henningsson wrote:
On 08/01/2012 12:28 AM, Aere Greenway wrote:
> It played the test demo pieces (which always failed on the version that
> came with Ubuntu 12.04, but worked with your re-packaged PPA) flawlessly.
>
> I did notice a difference when running the test this time.
>
> Before, the qjackctl dialog showed a RT-% of around 20.0 while playing
> the demo pieces.  This time, the RT-% was between 34.7 and 36.1, which
> is a significant increase, but no under-runs occurred while playing the
> two pieces.

Interesting difference. Are other testers seeing the same thing? If not
it's probably not worth digging into further.

I wonder if this is due to compilation flags or something...

// David

--

Sincerely,
Aere