[fluid-dev] Issue with modulation

From: Mark de Roussier
Subject: [fluid-dev] Issue with modulation
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 01:30:48 +0100

Hi everyone,

I'm attempting to use fluidsynth as the basis for a headless soundfont
synth based on an RPi. The particular requirement is that it should have
some good Hammond organ sounds, and also support standard GM. So I'm trying
to configure fluidsynth with some commercial Hammond fonts plus the
standard fluidsynth GM font.

I think I've found a problem in the course of trying to make this work. The
gist of the matter is that there appear to be some circumstances in which
the modulation characteristics of a Hammond font mapped to one midi channel
end up being applied to everything, regardless of font or channel.

I've looked at sourceforge, but it wasn't clear how I should raise a
ticket. Is this an appropriate place to discuss the problem ? If so I'll
supply more details.

Thanks,
Mark