Re: [fluid-dev] Issue with modulation

From: jean-jacques.ceresa
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Issue with modulation
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 09:51:59 +0200

Hi, Mark

Hope thiss should help to localize the issue:
A)Inside Fluidsynth,
1)The 'noteOn command' plays a note using the function API fluid_synth_noteon(channel,key,velocity). 2) When receiving a MIDI noteOn message, the MIDI driver puts this message to the input Router and than the Router use the same API fluid_synth_noteon(channel,key,velocity). The same description is true for 'noteoff command'/ MIDI noteOff message (both make use of API fluid_synth_noteoff(channel,key)). If we assume that the router is neutral (which is the default behavior), there is no reason that the results using 'commands noteon/noteoff,' or using MIDI are differents.

So, may be your MIDI keyboard sends events on more than one MIDI channels at the same time ?.
Or, may be Alsa Driver do this kind of duplicates MIDI messages ?

B)
> Current Raspian distro, fluidsynth 1.1.6

Just want to report that the current fluidsynth 1.1.6 coming from Rasbian
repository is out of date!
I don't think that the issue is related to current Rasbian fluidsynth.
however, if your RPi is connected to internet you may update:
1)Download the current git fluidsynth source version (1.1.6) on sourceforge.
2)Build Fluidsynth.
Regards