freebangfont-devel

[Freebangfont-devel] Re: Fonts ready to be re-uploaded

From: Sayamindu Dasgupta
Subject: [Freebangfont-devel] Re: Fonts ready to be re-uploaded
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 00:51:49 +0530

On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 00:57 +0600, Omi Azad wrote:

> Sayamindu Dasgupta wrote:
>
> >* What you are doing is plain and simple "forking" which is not at all
> >advisable.
> >http://www.catb.org/~esr/writings/homesteading/homesteading/ar01s09.html
> >

> আমি ঠিক বুঝতে পারলামনা। আমি শাখা ছড়াতে যাব কেন? আমি দেখলাম যে আমাদের মুক্ত
> বাংলা ফন্টে অনেকদিন থেকে কোন গতি নেই, তাই ভাবলাম একটু হাত লাগালে মন্দ হয়না।
> আর মুক্তি যে নতুন ভর্সনে পাওয়া যায় আমি সোটাও জানিনা। আমি দীপায়নের সাইট থেকে
> য়েটা পেয়েছি সেটাই modify করেছি।

err... don't send me Bangla mails right now - I am in the middle of an
upgrade process - no bangla displayed properly.

> >* There is already a MuktiNarrow version 0.94 - have you *even cared* to
> >look into it ?
> >

> আমি জানিই না তো দেখব কেমন করে? আর জানলে কেন দেখবনা ভাই বলো?

I thought it had been released in the mailing lists !!
(How do you suppose I got it :-)

> >* If the changes are implemented - we will definitely include them in
> >MuktiNarrow - but *do* not create a seperate branch - it is already
> >difficult to maintain what is going where. We are not a bunch of
> >dictatorial people - just that we only accept what is reasonable and
> >what is not going to effect the project in a reasonable way.
> >

> আমি কি তোমাদের জিজ্ঞেস না করে কিছু করেছি? আমি সেজন্যইতো তোমাদের মেইলটা
> দিলাম, যাতে তোমরা আমাকে অবগত করতে পারো বা সিদ্ধান্ত দিতে পারো। আমরাতো বন্ধু
> নাকি?

OK - sorry about the misunderstanding.

> >Please rethink about your decision to fork.
> >

> আমি এই কথাটি বুঝলামনা। আমার একুশে সাইটে এটা থাকতেই পারে। তবে আমি পরে যেটা
> করব সেটা হলো সরাসরি মুক্ত বাংলা ফন্টের ডাউনলোড সেকশনে লাঙ্ক করে দেয়া। তাহলে
> কাউকে কিছু সামলাতে হবেনা। কিন্তু সেটা তোমাদের সাইট আপ হবার পরে।

OK - that is allright. However, do not put the file somewhere else - we
will have people using old versions+new versions+medium versions - a
mess.
Anyway - sorry if my earlier mail sounded a little harsh - clai.net,
which gets around 50 visitors has been hit by around 20000 visitors in a
single day - and I am simply going crazy.

-thanks-
Sayamindu