freebangfont-devel

[Freebangfont-devel] Re: Mukti Narrow Updated

From: Omi Azad
Subject: [Freebangfont-devel] Re: Mukti Narrow Updated
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 00:53:05 +0600

Deepayan Sarkar wrote:

access to Windows right now, so I can't test anything.
It's WindowsXP and please have a look at the attached picture. Both Mukti and Likhan is installed but your one is showing in the list but Mukti is not..

Anyway, the only thing I remember not happening in older versions of Likhan was that Windows didn't automatically recognize it as a bengali font -- e.g., if you go to IE's Tools -> Internet Options -> Fonts and select bengali, Likhan wasn't listed. What is happening with Mukti ?
I know this issue. I don't know why. Our SolaimanLipi and Rupali comes in both IE and Desktop, but I don't know why. I think Windows RAG KORECHE as you didn't made the font using any M$ software :D RAG KOMLE everything will be alright :)

What exactly are the arguments against maintaining Mukti Narrow using pfaedit ? (And in fact moving the OT lookups into the 'template' format ?) pfaedit has a Windows version, BTW, though it needs the cygwin environment.

Well, there is not arguments. I made some Kerning changes, which I have mentioned earlier in the list mail. I posted the modified font yesterday and waiting for your decision.

Omi

PNG image