Re: [freesci-develop] Concerning C416: No sound on Mac OS X

From: Matthew Herberg
Subject: Re: [freesci-develop] Concerning C416: No sound on Mac OS X
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 18:52:44 -0400

On Sep 27, 2003, at 5:14 PM, Christoph Reichenbach wrote:

The new (and, to a lesser extent, the old) sound kernel are supposed to
be reasonably portable, so don't worry about this too much-- an SDL sound driver will appear sooner or later anyway (assuming that _someone_ works
on FreeSCI sound, that is).

Well I plan on working on the OS X version in December (when I have a winter break) and if the SDL driver isn't already implemented in glutton, I'll write it myself.

At one point, I actually tried to make it drag&drop-startable (drag an
SCI game directory on top of FreeSCI and it will work), but I couldn't
figure out how to get the data that was passed via drag and drop in OS X. If anyone knows how this works, it might be a nice and intuitive feature
to have here.

Actually, I know how that works in OS X and I could implement it. Never tried a whole directory however, so I'd have to look into it a bit, but it should be the same procedure. I think the key is that creator of a folder is "MACS" and the type is "fold". Of course that is through Carbon so I'm not sure if it's possible directly in Cocoa. But I plan on doing this this winter so no need to handle it unless you want it earlier.

-Matt