Re: [freesci-develop] Releases 0.3.4, 0.3.4a, 0.3.4b, 0.6.1 removed due

From: Matt
Subject: Re: [freesci-develop] Releases 0.3.4, 0.3.4a, 0.3.4b, 0.6.1 removed due to licencing issues
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 08:42:28 -0700

Hi Bas

Please don't link it statically by default on linux. Dynamic linking is
Thats what I expected to hear ;)
Its probably the best to make it a parameter option. I agree that in general dynamic linking is good however in this specific case with OS X / SDL it creates more problems than dl solves. I just wish the sound issue was fixed so that SDL would no longer be required (my other wish would be that Apple would by default install X11, though its included in the OS X install its by default not selected to be installed).

Martin