Re: [freesci-develop] State of Glutton on Win32

From: Walter van Niftrik
Subject: Re: [freesci-develop] State of Glutton on Win32
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 13:56:41 +0200

Hello Hugues,

it's good to hear from you again.

I agree that there's no need to drop VC++ support as long as we have someone on the team willing to maintain it.

Hugues Valois wrote:

It's true that Visual Studio (the suite) can be expensive. But to compile FreeSCI you only need Visual C++. You can purchase Visual C++ 2003 Standard Edition for 89$US at amazon.com. It's not free, but I wouldn't qualify that as "very expensive software".

Matt pointed out to me that in order to build FreeSCI, you can use the Visual C++ Toolkit 2003, which can be downloaded for free from the Microsoft website. That is a recent development I wasn't aware of.

Regards,

Walter