Re: [Devel] Oversized tables

From: Anthony Fok
Subject: Re: [Devel] Oversized tables
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 09:59:30 +0800

On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 12:42:07AM +0100, David Turner wrote:
> Scott Long wrote:
> >[...]
> >My theory is that whatever software produced the font files was
> >padding its internal data structures to a multiple of 4 bytes, and
> >didn't remove the pad before writing the tables.
>
> Good idea, would you care contributing a patch for this ?

Ah, now I see that Scott Long, James Su and I had been referring to the same
problem that was fixed by the changing the same line in ttload.c.  Actually,
Scott did post a one-line change on December 18, and I posted a patch on
December 30, but it is understandable that you may have missed them.  (I
didn't notice Scott's December 18 message until a few minutes ago.  :-)

Scott changed "if ( table.Length != 0x36 ..." to
"if ( table.Length < 0x36 ...";
I changed it to "if ( table.Length != 0x36 && table.Length != 0x38 ...".
I don't know which one you like better.  :-)  Here are the relevant links to
the message archive:

  Scott's first message, with suggested fix:
    http://www.freetype.org/pipermail/devel/2002-December/004301.html

  James Su gave an example font:
    http://www.freetype.org/pipermail/devel/2002-December/004313.html

  My patch: