[Devel] Re: Build error (was "Oversized tables")

From: Anthony Fok
Subject: [Devel] Re: Build error (was "Oversized tables")
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 09:32:13 +0800

On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 01:01:30PM +0100, David Turner wrote:
> >Scott changed "if ( table.Length != 0x36 ..." to
> >"if ( table.Length < 0x36 ...";
> >I changed it to "if ( table.Length != 0x36 && table.Length != 0x38 ...".
> >I don't know which one you like better.  :-)  Here are the relevant links
> >to the message archive:
> >
> I think you misunderstood me, and the patch you describe has already been
> applied. I'd simply appreciate if Scott could provide a patch that would
> fix _all_ table size verification in the library, since he seemed to
> promote the idea. I have not the time for this right now, and I consider
> this to be of relatively low priority..

Sorry, I did misunderstood you.  My apologies.

As for the patch, it seems that it hasn't propagated through CVS to
:pserver:address@hidden:/cvs/freetype yet.  (I should learn to
be more patient.  :-)

Meanwhile, I just tried to build from CVS, and got this error message:

  make: *** No rule to make target
  `/hda13/debian/freetype-2.1.3/freetype-2.1.3/objs/ftwinfnt.lo', needed by
`objects'.  Stop.

it appears that include/freetype/ftwinfnt.h (and perhaps
src/base/ftwinfnt.c) aren't added to the CVS yet.  :-)

Cheers,

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling