Re: [Devel] Oversized tables

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Devel] Oversized tables
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 13:01:30 +0100

Hi Anthony,

Anthony Fok wrote:
On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 12:42:07AM +0100, David Turner wrote:

Good idea, would you care contributing a patch for this ?

Ah, now I see that Scott Long, James Su and I had been referring to the same
problem that was fixed by the changing the same line in ttload.c.  Actually,
Scott did post a one-line change on December 18, and I posted a patch on
December 30, but it is understandable that you may have missed them.  (I
didn't notice Scott's December 18 message until a few minutes ago.  :-)

Scott changed "if ( table.Length != 0x36 ..." to
"if ( table.Length < 0x36 ...";
I changed it to "if ( table.Length != 0x36 && table.Length != 0x38 ...".
I don't know which one you like better.  :-)  Here are the relevant links to
the message archive:

I think you misunderstood me, and the patch you describe has already been
applied. I'd simply appreciate if Scott could provide a patch that would
fix _all_ table size verification in the library, since he seemed to
promote the idea. I have not the time for this right now, and I consider
this to be of relatively low priority..

Cheers,

- David Turner

  Scott's first message, with suggested fix:
    http://www.freetype.org/pipermail/devel/2002-December/004301.html

  James Su gave an example font:
    http://www.freetype.org/pipermail/devel/2002-December/004313.html

  My patch: