Re: [Devel] Bad problems due to function renaming

From: Owen Taylor
Subject: Re: [Devel] Bad problems due to function renaming
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 13:14:07 -0500

On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 09:35, Tim Ruehsen wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 13. November 2003 15:24 schrieb Owen Taylor:
> > On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 09:13, Tim Ruehsen wrote:
[...]
> > > OK. Just to understand it: how comes that there are no compiler errors
> > > when compiling pango with freetype 2.1.x includes?
> >
> > Pango uses different symbols depending on the version of FreeType it's
> > being compiled against (there are compatibility #defines)
>
> Interesting. I just scanned the complete source code of pango 1.0.4 (grep -i
> FT_Seek ...) and could not find any reference to that function... maybe you
> *are* right. But it is not obvious. Where can I find these defines?

It's a rather complex mess of macros in Pango and in FreeType:

pango/opentype/fterrcompat.h:

===
/* Compat macros for name changes in FreeType 2.1.0
 */
#if (FREETYPE_MAJOR == 2) && (FREETYPE_MINOR >= 1)
[....]

#define FILE_Seek( position ) FT_STREAM_SEEK( position)
===

Is the relevant portion.

Regards,
                                                        Owen