Re: [Devel] Bad problems due to function renaming

From: Tim Ruehsen
Subject: Re: [Devel] Bad problems due to function renaming
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 15:28:34 +0100

Am Donnerstag, 13. November 2003 19:14 schrieb Owen Taylor:
> On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 09:35, Tim Ruehsen wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag, 13. November 2003 15:24 schrieb Owen Taylor:
> > > On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 09:13, Tim Ruehsen wrote:
>
> [...]
> > >
> > > Pango uses different symbols depending on the version of FreeType it's
> > > being compiled against (there are compatibility #defines)
> >
> > Interesting. I just scanned the complete source code of pango 1.0.4 (grep
> > -i FT_Seek ...) and could not find any reference to that function...
> > maybe you *are* right. But it is not obvious. Where can I find these
> > defines?
>
> It's a rather complex mess of macros in Pango and in FreeType:
>
> pango/opentype/fterrcompat.h:
>
> ===
> /* Compat macros for name changes in FreeType 2.1.0
>  */
> #if (FREETYPE_MAJOR == 2) && (FREETYPE_MINOR >= 1)
> [....]
> #define FILE_Seek( position ) FT_STREAM_SEEK( position)
> ===

Thanks, Owen.

I assume FT_STREAM_SEEK is a freetype 2.1.x macro like
#define FT_STREAM_SEEK(position) FT_Stream_Seek(position)
(I do not have the freetype 2.1.x includes installed - i already downgraded to
2.0.9).

If my assumption is correct it should possible to create a wrapper function
like
return_type FT_Seek_Stream(args) { return FT_Stream_Seek(args); }

Maybe the args and/or return type changed from freetype 2.0.0 to 2.1.x, but it
it such a problem to implement these wrapper functions in future versions of
freetype?

Grtz, Tim