Re: [Devel] Telling font types from an FT_Face?

From: Leonard Rosenthol
Subject: Re: [Devel] Telling font types from an FT_Face?
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 11:08:15 -0500

At 4:58 PM +0100 12/17/03, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
 > >Note that this API doesn't deal with the differentiation between
 >OpenType/TrueType and OpenType/CFF fonts.

        For my needs, I need to know this differentiation - so yes, it
 would have to handle this as well.  Which again, might be better
 done at load time and filling in the FT_Face...

Quite essential IMHO is to identify a CID-keyed font.  What do you
think about adding a flag FT_FACE_FLAG_CID_KEYED?

        But that only handles a single case.

Why not simply provide a list of known/standard types (with "subtypes") that can be retrieved using a single standard API call?

LDR
Leonard Rosenthol                            <mailto:address@hidden>
Chief Technical Officer                      <http://www.pdfsages.com>
PDF Sages, Inc.                              215-629-3700 (voice)
                                             215-629-0789 (fax)