Re: [ft-devel] ttfautohint: How to install

From: vernon adams
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] ttfautohint: How to install
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 08:09:11 +0100

Sorry, i'm allways wary of posting images to a list.

This should illustrate my observation;

TIFF image

(above) Upper case 'O', ttfautohint version, opened in Fontlab 'Truetype
hinting' mode, showing alignment zones & pixels arranged by ttfautohints
instructions. 27 ppem. Note the egging at top curve, as snapping is to pixel at
TOP of alignment zone.

(below) Same font & glyph but with a single link applied from at top edge (and
one at baseline). note the top stem now snaps to pixel at bottom of alignment
zone. All is now well with the glyph imo :)

TIFF image

hope that helps
ps - this also reduces the 'vertical stretching' at certain ppems too!

-vern