Re: [ft-devel] ttfautohint: How to install

From: vernon adams
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] ttfautohint: How to install
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 14:36:34 +0100

Hi Werner,

Do you think it's possible that the autohinter can be tweaked to lessen the
effects of the aggressive vertical filtering of GDI?
or is it already at the limits of what's possible for GDI?

The feedback i'm getting from my screenshots is that the ttfautohint output is
overall superior under DirectWrite to the original hinted fonts.  Just seems to
be a little extra 'something' needed to get the GDI sorted too :)

many thanks

-vern