Re: [ft-devel] New Infinality Release

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] New Infinality Release
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 06:55:43 -0400

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 4:38 AM, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> The patch is now in the repository.  Thanks a lot!

I am not sure why Round_To_Grid and its family are modified but not
used. I am actually more concerned with the way they are modified.
Things like this look dangerous:

- val &= ~63;
+ val &= ~( 64 / resolution - 1 );

Resolution has to be a power of 2 for this to work. There was so much
thought in the original code to avoid division only to add it right
back in. To be honest I wish (64/resolution) was the function
argument, i.e. do this at a much higher level.

Can we remove these modifications for now or clean them up?

Thank you.