Re: [ft-devel] New Infinality Release

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] New Infinality Release
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 09:35:12 -0400

I really dislike how you disabled hinting in the x-direction. You
essentially replaced '64' in the rounding functions with '64 / 64',
aka '1'. This is brutal and takes a performance toll on this part of
the code even when your subpixel hinting is not used. I strongly
suggest that you just if-condition the rounding calls in the
x-direction. This is only a couple of places where you use the
'gridlines_per_pixel' variable where the if-conditions should land.

Finally, please do help stupid compilers to handle your B1 % 64 and B2
% 64. Make it B1 & 63 and B2 & 63. It's much faster.