Re: [ft-devel] Render a text on Horizontal using a ttf file which contai

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Render a text on Horizontal using a ttf file which contains also Vertical metrics (Re: Freetype-devel Digest, Vol 148, Issue 25)
Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 00:19:39 +0000 (UTC)

Here is one other thing you could try: get "SharpFont-v3.0.1-81-gc574260.zip"
from
https://sourceforge.net/projects/hp-pxl-jetready/files/Microsoft%20Font%20Validator/misc/

And depends on whether you are using 64-bit windows or 32-bit windows, move the
4 dlls from either bin/Win64 or bin/Win32 over to wherever your
librfreetype6.dll is. For your purpose, this is FreeType 2.8 (released 11 days
ago). If you feel like it, you can also replace your SharpFont.dll by the one
in the zip file as well. Again, for your purpose, it is 4.0.1 .

If you need to or want to know (you probably don't...), both of them are beyond
those versions 2.8 and 4.0.1 - in both cases, because of enhancements which I
proposed/suggested after they were released. The post-2.8 build
(VER-2-8-4-g5efda13) was built with the fixes for emoji fonts which were a few
commits after 2.8; the post-4.0.1 SharpFont build was from
http://github.com/HinTak/SharpFont 's "v4.0.1+fixes" branch. The SharpFont
people did not tag v4.x properly at all, so "v4.0.1" itself is
"v3.0.1-71-g05444dc" i.e. 71 commits after v3.0.1 , and mine is another 10
beyond. Most of them are simply selective additions after v4.0.1 . If you need
to know what they are, you can read the commit logs.

They are all strictly additions, so for your purpose, they just bring your
stuff up-to-date.

Current dev freetype is VER-2-8-8-ga045546, so mine brings you half way between
2.8 from 11 days ago, to current :-),  Current dev SharpFont is
v3.0.1-87-g0c1670e , i.e. 16 commits after v4.0.1 . Mine is 10 commits after
v4.0.1 but really it is only 6 after v4.0.1 - and shares two of those 6 among
that 16. The story is fairly simple: I said there is a bug and here is my fix,
they agree there is a bug but would rather fix it in a different way; so that
10 on my branch consists of my proposed fixes, their ideas, and reversing of my
own fixes.

When the next Fontval comes out I'll push those binaries (or later) onto
github. For now they sit in my hard disk.