Re: [Freetype] ft size

From: Stefan Seefeld
Subject: Re: [Freetype] ft size
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 12:59:52 -0500

Vianney Lecroart wrote:

> I read all the doc and I understand that there s no relation between size in
> EM and size in "pixel".
> I want that my font have always the same visual height. It mean that if the
> screen is in 800*600, the
> character size in pixel will be bigger than in 640*480. I decide to put a
> rulez, 1.0 is the size of a full
> height size (640 or 800) and 0.0 is 0 :) my goal is to know, when I want to
> display a half height size (320
> or 400) what does i have to give to the Freetype in the size in EM. Is it
> possible? should I do some
> dicotomic test (try size=10, get the pixel size, and converge to the good
> pixel size) or something else?

I would simply take the resolution of the screen (pixel size per physical size)
and choose the font size in consequence. Even though the point size and real
character size are somewhat independent, their ratio should at least be the
same,
whatever point size you choose.

Regards,        Stefan

Stefan Seefeld