Re: [Freetype] Could people avoid sending attachments to the list?

From: Peter Montgomery
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Could people avoid sending attachments to the list?
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 17:55:09 -0700

Tom,

    If you're referring to people sending large files, I agree.
However, after it was pointed out that sending large files is bad form ,
the attachments have been in the 20 Kb area.  Do you find this to be
unacceptable?  Even on a 14.4 modem we're talking a total download time
of 15 to 20 seconds.  I find it hard to imagine that this is too large
an imposition to put on people who subscribe to this list.  I believe
that a total of three bitmaps have been sent in the last few days.
Ignoring the first oversize attachment, this is less than a minute of
added download time.  I'm curious if you find this onerous.

    Thanks,
    PeterM