fsfe-france-eval

Re: [Fsfe-france-eval] submission of DocBook manual

From: Philippe Martin
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-france-eval] submission of DocBook manual
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 23:18:29 +0000

address@hidden wrote:

>         Supposons que tu soumette seulement lorsque tu as fait la conversion
> au format texinfo. Il vaut mieux parler du présent car l'évaluation se fait
> sur le logiciel tel qu'il est. Parler du futur n'est pas une mauvaise chose
> mais si je me met à la place des évaluateurs, c'est surtout l'état actuel
> qui m'interesse.
>
>         Peux-tu inclure dans ton résumé les points que nous avons
> discuté ?  Par exemple que tu as pris soin d'éviter les références à
> des produits non libre, que tu as bien référencé la license (inclusion
> de la license complête dans la distribution de la documentation,
> références dans la documentation), que tu en inclus une version. En
> bref une sorte de check list de ce que tu voudrais savoir si tu te
> mettais à la place de l'évaluateur. Dans le cas de ta documentation
> c'est relativement court ce qui est un grand avantage.

- Package name: Manuel DocBook  (DocBook manual)

- Author:       Philippe Martin

- E-mail:       address@hidden

- Home page:    http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/dbmanual/

- Topic:        The DocBook manual documents the latest version (SGML 4.1)
                of the DocBook DTD.
                This first version documents formally the DocBook
format,
                independently of the tools with which it is used.

- License:      Licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
                The FDL text is included as an appendix.
                An unofficial French translation of the FDL is also included
                for information, specifying that only the original English text
                is legal.
                A copyright notice(1) appearing in both the info and the TeX
                versions refers to the FDL.
                As the manual includes important parts of the DocBook DTD,
                the copyright notice(2) for the DTD is included. This copyright
                notice is compatible with the FDL.

- Format:       Texinfo 4.0

- Language:     French. An English translation is planned.

- Future:       Further versions will certainly document the edition of
DocBook
                documents with Emacs and specialized Emacs mode (like psgml),
                and, when there are well integrated in the GNU system, the use
                of SGML and XML processors.

- Non-free      The documentation does not recommend nor encourage the
use
  software:     of non-free software.

(1) Copyright notice for the DocBook manual
Copyright @copyright{} 2001 Philippe Martin

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document
under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.1
or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation;
with no Invariant Sections, with no Front-Cover Texts, and with no
Back-Cover Texts.  A copy of the license is included in the section
entitled
``GNU Free Documentation License''.

(2) Copyright notice for the DocBook DTD
     Copyright 1992-2000 HaL Computer Systems, Inc.,
     O'Reilly & Associates, Inc., ArborText, Inc., Fujitsu Software
     Corporation, and the Organization for the Advancement of
     Structured Information Standards (OASIS).

     Permission to use, copy, modify and distribute the DocBook DTD and
     its accompanying documentation for any purpose and without fee is
     hereby granted in perpetuity, provided that the above copyright
     notice and this paragraph appear in all copies.  The copyright
     holders make no representation about the suitability of the DTD for
     any purpose.  It is provided "as is" without expressed or implied
     warranty.