fsfe-france-eval

[Fsfe-france-eval] Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission o

From: Philippe Martin
Subject: [Fsfe-france-eval] Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of DocBook manual
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 19:07:12 +0000

address@hidden wrote:

>         Your project was approved as a package that is not (yet) part
> of the GNU project. We took in account the fact that you want to apply
> for inclusion in the GNU project. Since you're french I propose that
> we discuss this on address@hidden in order to reduce the
> load of the evaluation team. We can clarify the most obvious points
> before you actualy apply. Do you agree with this method ?

Hello,

As I've seen in the GNU task list that the GNU project would need a
DocBook manual, I suggest mine - in fact, that's the first reason for
which I've written it.

I didn't realized at first time that the Texinfo format would be more
appropriate, but I think that the port would not be too hard.  As a
matter of fact, a good part of the doc (synopsis, examples) is generated
from text files, and the generators can easily be changed to generate
TexInfo instead of DocBook.

Cheers
-
Philippe