[Fsfe-uk] Re: GNU/Linux Desktops for UK Police?

From: Richard Ibbotson
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Re: GNU/Linux Desktops for UK Police?
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 12:24:46 +0000

Alex

> Subject line of the e-mail says it all, pretty much: a funded study
> is going to evaluate whether or not rolling out GNU/Linux is
> feasible for the UK police force.

Debian GNU/Linux has been extensiveley tested in the north east and
north west police teams as well as in Scotland.  Some of this was due
to my own advice to them.

They are very impressed and want to see it rolled out further with a
view to saving public money.  I think the desktop use of Linux will
be part of that process ?   Although it's difficult to say which
distro they might choose.

Too bad the NHS don't want to know about this.

Thanks

--
Richard

www.sheflug.co.uk