Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: GNU/Linux Desktops for UK Police?

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: GNU/Linux Desktops for UK Police?
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 14:55:19 +0000

Richard Smedley:
> What stage has the organisation got to and what help is needed?

We are still disorganised.  The following things have happened that I am
aware of:

 * Aston meeting and tasks issued (minutes in list archive);

 * Decision to form a Ltd co for now (suggestion objects in list archive);

 * A domain has been bought and is currently dormant until we have an org;

 * Axel is dreaming up designs for Visual ID, etc, I think;

 * Small group holding ongoing discussions and giving/taking advice with
   FSF(E) in absence of a UK chapter;

 * I'm waiting for UKUUG to say yay or nay with us essentially taking
   http://www.ukuug.org/m&a/ and editing to fit (AGK, you may be better
   placed to get a response?).  If I get a yay, I will take a run at it and
   try to start the paperwork off.

The status of other tasks from Aston can be commented on by other people.
If you feel you can help with a task not yet done, please pitch in.
--
MJR