Re: [Fsfe-uk] Clarification needed

From: John Dean
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Clarification needed
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 12:59:16 +0000

Hi
I think it is quite obvious from what is said below, that theKompany would not be welcome

At 11:23 26/03/2002 +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
John Dean <address@hidden> wrote:
> But I would not like to waste time and energy arguing about licensing
> issues.

Sadly, such legal matters are ever present.

> Having said that I do feel the "UK branch of the theKompany", i.e. myself,
> Mike Richardson(KSnuffle and Rekall) and Phil Thompson(PyQT, PyKDE, Kugar
> and BlackAdder) would have something to contribute, so please don't turn
> us away.

OK, but given you are on record as saying that you do not agree with some of
the aims of Free Software, what positive things would you contribute?

I am pretty sure I personally did not say I was for or against anything, I was just trying to put forward to reasons why theKompany abandoned the GPL

Please send URLs not attachments to mailing lists.
--