Re: [Fsfe-uk] Clarification needed

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Clarification needed
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 22:56:20 GMT

Alex Hudson <address@hidden> wrote:
> "You may not distribute any changes you make without those changes being
> accepted back by theKompany.com and incorporated into the Software
> Product"
>
> The violates section 4 of the Open Source definition. [...]

IMO, this typifies the stance of today's "open source supporter" businesses,
who are happy for customers to look but not develop.  This ability to help
others is part of the reason why I want to support Free Software, so any
model which doesn't allow me to do that isn't one I care about.

The OSD vs current usage of the term problem is a reason to use "Free
Software" instead of "Open Source".

--