Re: [Fsfe-uk] Clarification needed

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Clarification needed
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 13:31:15 GMT

John Dean <address@hidden> wrote:
> I think it is quite obvious from what is said below, that theKompany would
> not be welcome

Sure, feel free to generalise from one person's opinions to a policy of the
entire organisation(!) Even I said elsewhere that I'd welcome seeing
theKompany's employees join.

> I am pretty sure I personally did not say I was for or against anything, I
> was just trying to put forward to reasons why theKompany abandoned the GPL

Don't you see that those reasons are ill-founded?  If you are afraid that
your customers will "mug" you by forking your code, being better than you
*and* not having enough respect for you to contribute changes back, what
kind of message is that sending out?  Anyway, the GPL would nearly guarantee
that you could obtain their changes for integration into your development.

You were the person who originally posted that theKompany supported "open
source" while they actually publish under a non-Open Source licence, weren't
you?  If not, apologies for directing the previous paragraph at the wrong
person.