Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Lobbying UK govt (MJ Ray)

From: Tristan Roddis
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Lobbying UK govt (MJ Ray)
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 14:49:07 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 9 May 2002, MJ Ray wrote:

> Shall we create an "adopt a politician" site?  I'm blatently stealing the
> idea from STAND, but the idea here is more to get hard details on
> adopter/adoptee exchanges of information, so we can find out what does and
> doesn't work, as well as know the opinions of various politicians.

I recently used http://www.faxyourmp.com to write to mine protesting at
the government's mandating the use of Microsoft servers for their
Government Gateway (http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/25003.html).
Not that I've had any response, mind you...

I'd guess that lots of letters from individuals could help. Perhaps
just a link from the AFFS site to the fax service above, and ask for
letters to be cc'd to AFFS so that you've got a record of who's been
contacted about what?

-T.

--
address@hidden                            http://www.roddis.org