Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Lobbying UK govt

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Lobbying UK govt
Date: 11 May 2002 18:03:32 +0100

On Sat, 2002-05-11 at 17:03, Imran Ghory wrote:
> I note that one of the members is Dr. Vincent Cable, one of only three MPs
> who have talked about Linux during official proceedings (The others being
> David Maclean and Charlotte Atkins).

Another reasons an archive of material on MPs is needed.

For example, Ian Taylor MP, another member of APIG, did (at one stage)
register an interest as a non-executive director on the board of
Navision - given Navision are being taken over by Microsoft
(non-hostile, I _believe_) that puts him one degree of Kevin Bacon away
from Redmond. There are probably others similarly open to lobbying.